I used to really love advent calendars, all the different types of them. We had one with the little mouse that hopped from day to day, he was the staple during the month of December. In Germany, advent calendars are really big and they have even more types than I remember in the States.
I bought myself a cute little Sesame Street one (actually it says Sesamstrasse). I have to admit that I anxiously opened the first window only a few minutes after midnight on December 1st. Now maybe it's the lackluster quality of the chocolate or something, but I can't even get myself to catch up to date now. The last window I opened was number 8. I would much rather eat a cookie or eggs or anything. Advent calendars just don't have the same effect on me as they used to. They really don't serve a purpose anymore - I now know how to keep track of time much better than I did when I was four and I can now go to the grocery store to buy chocolate whenever I get a whim to do so. Wow...I am becoming a jaded old woman.
Monday, December 13, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment